Monday, October 6, 2008

Nashville is on FIRE

So I'm not writing this from work, I'm writing this from home, but I have a meeting that will keep me actually WORKING for most of the day, and I wanted to make sure that I blogged about how awesome it is to be a Nashvillian right now!

Seriously, the stars have all aligned in our favor, Irish eyes are shining, and all of those tacky cliches-it is kind of magical around here right now.

Why are we smothered in fairy dust right now? Don't know, I guess God just loves us best.

But we'll take it-Our Titans are 5-0, for the first time EVER in franchise history, and Vanderbilt beat Auburn this weekend as well, ALSO going 5-0 in, well, the first time since the ice age, basically. (We won't talk UT, however-the obviously don't have the Nashville Magic on their side.)

And to top it all off, we are hosting a Presidential Debate at Belmont University's Curb Center (you know, the place where we have the Country Music Awards, too! We're soooo diverse!) and its been one big ball of energy and excitement around the city lately. Apparently, McCain already arrived about 45 minutes ago, not sure when Obama is scheduled to touch down in Music City.

Anyway, I'm super excited about the debate, and all the famous media who will be here-it will be so cool to watch all of the news channels have their shows live from Nashville! One of my coworkers is going to the CBS Early Show taping near Belmont in the morning-if you see a cute redhead, she works with me! I doubt I will see Katie Couric or Tom Brokaw just hobnobbing around town, but you never know....I do work within a pretty reasonable distance from Belmont, and I'm definitely not above stalking, so I will keep y'all posted!

Go Obama!

No comments: