Friday, February 6, 2009

Good news for Tennessee/Women!

OK, so I have become totally overwhelmed with topics to blog about-and therefore have not blogged at all-so I will try to develop a system and get back on track next week. But until then, Good news for Tennessee Sports Fans (and we could use some with our beloved Titans losing in the playoffs and then watching the Steelers-who we were TOTALLY better than win the Super Bowl)!

Lady Vols coach Pat Summit wins her 1,000th game, setting a new record in Division I college basketball!
http://msn.foxsports.com/wcbk/story/9186724/Summitt-gets-milestone-1,000th-win&MSNHPHCP&gt1=39002

I've had the pleasure of seeing Coach Summit speak at charity events and it is obvious that her passion for her players and developing them into successful women on and off the court is as strong as her passion for basketball. Go Lady Vols!

In more good news for women who may be worried about losing their jobs in this recession.....more than 80% of job losses have been men. This is mostly because of the type industries that have been laying off workers. Female-dominated fields like education and health care have not been impacted as much as manufacturing and general business, so for once, the women win!

So, with both of the Senators from TN voting against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act last week, at least I am likely to keep my job even if they think its more important to protect the employer who discriminates against me for having a vagina than it is to ensure that I am treated fairly in the workplace.

No comments: