Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vince Young says he is fine

In a follow up to a previous post, Titans QB Vince Young says his mother and the media overreacted and that reports he was depressed were overblown. In an interview with the Tennessean, Vince explains:

“It was my first time getting booed,’’ Young said. “I didn’t know how to handle that.’’ He said he didn’t refuse to go back into the game despite impressions raised during a sideline incident in the fourth quarter.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/SPORTS01/80911075

That may be fine and well, but Coach Jeff Fisher made it clear in this article that Vince will have to recover-physically and mentally-before the Titans will put him back in play. I'm happy to hear that-I do like Jeff Fisher and respect him for the way he treats his players, and I'm happy to hear that they realize that such an emotional reaction to being booed is not normal, and I'm glad they are encouraging his well being, in all areas.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/SPORTS01/809110362

No comments: