Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE....

I meant to tack this on to the Idol post, as it is music related.

Apparently Music Row's economy is JUST FINE as they are still throwing epic parties for the A-list country crowd. There was a recent party for Keith Urban to celebrate his album release (comes out today) and the fact that his song "Somebody Like You" has been played on the radio over 3 million times, which is apparently in the range of songs by artists like the Beatles. They showed a snippet of his thank you speech on the news this morning (yes, this kind of thing makes the NEWS in MUSIC CITY) he thanked his "muse" wife and fancy movie actress Nicole Kidman, but also thanked the city of Nashville for being "so damn good to me" and that he and his wife had been all over the world, they could live anywhere ya know, but they choose here because we are a beautiful city and let them live a normal life and they chose to raise their daughter here because we are AWESOME. I wonder what sales will be like for Keith's album in Nashville today? ;) I know people knock on Keith and Nicole, saying it won't last, but I think they are lovely and maybe I'm immune to the cynicism because of our mutual love of Nashville but I hope those two crazy kids make it, ya know? Anyway, now that I know they are in town I'm going to resume stalking all the Starbucks in Green Hills and trying to spot the Bentley!

And in other news....former AI winner Ruben Studdard filmed his most recent music video in Nashville yesterday. There is always a Nashville connection! I'll let yall know if I spot the Velvet Teddybear around town.

No comments: