Thursday, November 19, 2009

Another one goes country!

So last year I blogged about all the pop stars that were recording country albums. I had high hopes for Jewel and Darius Rucker (aka Hootie!) and my only hope for Jessica Simpson was that she would quickly fade away. Jewel disappointed, Darius has been awesome! And I was right on the money for blondie if I do say so myself.

Well, a new year, a new round of "gone country" rumors. Michelle Branch is supposed to (FINALLY) get her solo country album out next year (she did one as a duo-The Wreckers-which was AWESOME but there was some MAJOR drama between her and the other girl-nothing I can print here!) and I read today that Josh Kelley, aka Mr. Katherine Heigl aka Dr. Izzie Stevens on Grey's Anatomy (aka namesake of my doggie) is up next to try his hand at country music. And like all the rest before him, he swears this isn't a fleeting fancy but his genre of choice forevermore. The snippet of his song in the link below is too short to judge, but he sounds NOTHING like he did in his pop music (he sang that song from around 2003-2004 or so called "Amazing" that was super catchy and I LOVED it at the time, but he never really had another huge hit-youtube here for a refresher:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VzBWIliVHc&feature=related

Anyway, his brother is Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum, who are the hottest thing in country music not named Taylor Swift. And, he lived in Nashville for a long time right after he hit it big with Amazing, so maybe this isn't totally out of left field. But, I love Lady A, and I will certainly give him a shot to prove that he can be a country *STAH*. And that baby that he and Katherine Heigl adopted is super cute so anything that ups my chances of seeing playdates between her and Sunday Rose at Centennial Park is fine with me. Bring it on, Josh Kelley!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/11/19/josh-kelley-goes-country-exclusive-first-listen/

No comments: