Thursday, November 13, 2008

CMA Chatter and Fashion Review

Did anyone watch the CMAs last night? It was heavy on the CM and lite on the A. Seriously-they could not have handed out 10 awards. I'm not unhappy to have seen all the performances, as I can't afford to see every concert that comes through town, but when I watch an awards show I usually expect some awards to be given out. I think they gave out three an hour. Crazy!

The best awards show I saw recently-was it the Grammys? Where they had all these neat performances of people that don't go together. Like Fergie and John Legend. Beyonce and Sugarland. That was cool. The CMAs should do that-more group/dual performances than all of the individuals-I mean, why not get Martina McBride to duet with Keith Urban? Alan Jackson and Taylor Swift? That would be worth tuning in for....some unexpected pairings. Because if they don't do something to change it up soon, no one is going to tune in next year to see Kenny-the-Second-Coming-of-Jimmy-Buffett-Chesney win Entertainer Trophy #5, Rascal Flatts win Group Trophy #215, and Carrie Underwood win Female Vocalist #4. Seriously-half of the winners won their category last year......where are the suprises? I mean, if the awards are so boring, we have to up the performances, and while some of them were good last night, some were atrocious, and the sound was bad across the board. So, I think this CMA ceremony gets a D from me. Major overhaul time, cowboys and cowgirls!
High points? Well, for me, Miranda, Hootie, Lady A, and Keith getting to perform twice. And the multiple shout outs to our 9-0 TENNESSEE TITANS! Can I get a Woo-WOO! (Sorry-I think I am starting to enjoy winning a little too much!)

Low? Kellie Pickler, Brooks and Dunn/Reba, and the general boringness. Even the much hyped "surprise" guest Shania Twain (which was no suprise as it was all over the internet beforehand) was a letdown-she looked great but the surprise would have been if she had performed!!!!!

So since the ceremony was a wash, all we have left is fashion. Let's discuss with visuals, shall we?

First up, our hostess Carrie changed about 5,012 times. This was the only one I really liked-and that I thought actually flattered her.
Julianne Hough of Dancing with the Stars/fledgling country music "artist"- I think you forgot to leave your costume on the dance floor! What IS this? One of three wardrobe choices for Jennifer of Sugarland, unfortunately this was the only one that was even remotely cute. I'd show you the others but it would hurt your eyes.

Eh, you don't actually need those eyes, do you? Oh Kellie, you just try WAY.TOO.HARD. This is too short, too low, too tight, too leather, and too slutty. I know the song you sang was all about what your boyfriend is now missing, but it looks to me like all he has to do to replace you is head on over to the strip club.
My Miranda was so close on this one. Can't show you the full length cause it pains me too much-the dress was not flattering or fitting on her lower half, and it was WRINLKLED. But the top half was good-great color for her, great corset bodice-she's a petite, curvy REAL looking girl, and she was so close to getting it right-if the fabric had been different, the bottom flowy-er, she would have gotten an A+. Next time!

Reese-ACK! What happened? I always count on you to look classy and chic-I think you got a LITTLE too excited about coming home to Nashville, and accidentally picked up Loretta Lynn's reject instead of that cute little number you were supposed to wear...right? Well, I can't hate you for too long, so please do me proud at the Oscar's, and we'll forget all about this one, OK?

Shania's Back! Shania's Back! And awfully tan and healthy looking to be coming from Canada-you go, girl! Kellie, take note-THIS is how to properly show a man what he's missing.

Taylor is looking nice here-very sparkly, which she is known for, and age-appropriate-she's eighteen now, so its sophisticated but still youthful looking. Eat her sequins, Joe Jonas!


And finally, this is not from the CMA's but from the Glamour Awards earlier in the week, but I like Nicole's dress much better here than the one she wore last night so I'm pretending that she wore this one and not that ugly spider-web one she actually had on.

No comments: