Friday, April 25, 2008

Adios Carly!

Carly was eliminated from American Idol-probably after one of her better performances and good comments from the judges. Brooke and Jason, the worst of the night, both escaped being in the bottom 2. But, I can't say I was shocked-the only thing that could shock me would be either of the Davids getting eliminated. So what went wrong for Carly? She probably was not going to win but she was a better singer than some of the others and had loads more personality than Syesha, who was also in the bottom 2.

My theory is two-part-first, I really think that all three of the boys left have large enough fan bases to save them no matter what they do. I think the girls all had pretty equal fan bases, so their votes were more split. Secondly, when a contestant does poorly, they rarely end up in the bottom because it rallies their fan base to vote and ensure their safety. Therefore, contestants who do well and may not have the largest fan base at this point (in my opinion, any of the girls) are in danger of elimination.

Anyone agree/disagree with my theory?

No comments: