Friday, April 18, 2008

Dr. Phil (quack! quack!)

Ok-I REALLY hate Dr. Phil. I have hated him from the beginning-he started getting popular around the time I was in college, working on my psych degree, and I always knew he was a total quack! But everyone was totally enamored with his no-BS style. He's so RAW! He tells it like it is! He doesn't let you get away with anything! Tough love made a comeback.

Even though he was not a licensed psychologist (he was in fact, STRIPPED of his license to practice) people turned to him for advice on how to better their lives, including WEIGHT LOSS-have you people seen the guy? Talk about blind leading the blind here! So anyway, I must say I am quite pleased that the chinks in his armor are beginning to show and people are wising up about this "doc" and seeing he really has no more clue than the rest of us.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/celebrityfeature/dr-phil/?GT1=BUZZ3

2 comments:

JenniferLGreen said...

ok so I'm really excited by this because I too, love to write!!! Anyway, I totally agree with your whole "phil"osphy about the great Dr. Phil. He gets on my nerves really bad and I'm at awe about how much people really look to him for answers and advice. I have the same opinion about Queen Oprah!! Glad you shared.

DirtyHarry said...

Oh, how the mighty have fallen . . seems we are easily led by those who speak with authority! Or those who carry a large weapon like a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world . . but I digress