Monday, May 12, 2008

Mazel Tov...and other Monday Musings

I was trying to wait until the 2 week mark to make sure it was going to stick, but what the heck-I'm a romantic, and I am so sure these two are gonna make it at least six weeks so I will go ahead and Congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Nick Cannon on their recent nuptials (there was also the chance that if I waited any longer I might miss my chance all together). Sure, its a little weird that he is my age and she is pushing 40, but age is only a number, right? Can't wait to see the diamond-and Gucci covered babies they are sure to make.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20198292,00.html

Also...congrats to Jen Aniston, who is also gunning for a man half, I mean, 3/4, her age. I am having a hard time adjusting to seeing Jen macking on John "the Player" Mayer (have to give props to Page Six for that one). I mean, the guy has dated Jessica Simpson, so he is definitely dating up this time around, but other than the ego boost of dating a younger man I am not sure what is in it for her. But, they seem to be serious, at least by Hollywood Standards, so best of luck to them. Can't see them making babies or anything, but what do I know? Could be true lust.
http://popsugar.com/1620744

Jenna Bush got married in Texas this weekend. She's always been my favorite Bush. I love how she used to stick out her tongue at the paparazzi and send her Secret Service on a wild goose chase so she could go underage drink at the bars. And now, she's getting hitched in a small, intimate ceremony with just 14 bridesmaids on her family's ranch rather than a White House circus. I'm sure the Pres is less than pleased she wanted a private thing and he could not exploit the big day for approval ratings, but good for her.....it is her day after all. And clearly, she has a mind of her own. All kidding aside, it looked like a lovely wedding and I love that she did look natural and that it looked low-key. Pics in the link below. I'm only pissed that they won't show me the 14 bridesmaids dresses. That's the best part!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Springtime/popup?id=4832462

Ok so clearly this is major news because even my mother heard it. Archie's stage dad has been banned from production at American Idol. He can still sit in the audience, but is no longer allowed to be a part of the backstage shenanigans. Of course, Archie lovers are furious at this portrayal of Jeff Archuleta as an evil stage dad, but I say where there is smoke, there is fire. Word on the street is that he insisted that Archie pimp out his version of Ben E. King's Stand By Me with a line from Sean Kingston's Beautiful Girls, which samples Stand By Me. Idol did not get legal clearance to use Kingston's lyrics, and when Archie sang it the way Daddy told him to it apparently cost lots of $$$ and caused a big legal mess. This is all fine, but I am way more concerned with the fact that Archie will crumble without Daddy coaching him. I mean, anytime they ask the kid an off-the cuff question, he can't answer coherently-like it he has not rehearsed it, he's not sure what he's allowed to say. Its like kids that are 5-6 years old and look at their parents when anyone asks them a question. But this one is 17. Jordin Sparks was 17 last year too, and she could answer a simple question. I'm just not sure he is ready for this yet, no matter how good a voice he has. I've heard they are considering lowering the age to participate in Idol and I think they need to do the opposite-raise it to 18, and they won't have to worry about parents being able to interfere.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-05-11-archuleta-dad-ban_N.htm

Finally....LOST! Oh, it's so good. If you don't watch go to your Netflix queue and start catching up over the summer. Last week was pretty awesome-Is Claire Dead? Drugged? What do you mean they have to move the island? Where to? Or should we say how...because I am betting they move the island THROUGH TIME and not geographically. Was Ben a poor man's Locke? Has Locke now arrived to claim what should have been his? What is the deal with this Island?

And how is Sayid going to get Jack, Kate, Sun, Jin, and HURLEY on that little blow up raft he is driving in to save everyone on? These last 2 episodes I am expecting nothing short of amazing. For a little spoiler info from the show's producers, see the link below (they don't give up a whole lot-don't worry).
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=30ea40d8-c950-4ae6-af8e-3c7cd60d6384

No comments: