Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh-Oh-Oh-o-Oh!

Boys and girls, they day has finally arrived...New Kids on the Block have reunited and performed live for the first time in over a decade. *sigh* You can see every fabulous minute for yourself at:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20200747,00.html

Now, I have to give it to them-it appeared to be pouring rain in New York this morning but they went out there and did their thing! I'm not saying the new song, "Summertime" is going to win a Grammy or anything, but I was a little scared to hear it since my friend Wendy had told me it was awful. I did not think it was that bad, but I'm not rushing over to iTunes to buy it either. It reminds me of that old LFO tune "Summer Girls."

They had a few moments that I cringed...but also quite a few where I sat here in my office and squealed like a ten year-old girl. Yes, I still think that Joey Mac is cute, and when he busted out his trademark topless top hat to sing "Please Don't Go Girl" I had one of those moments.

Overall, not bad, I don't think they have anything to be embarrassed about here (really, the only person who needs to be embarassed is whoever wrote the craptastic lyrics from their big hits). I think they will have a decent reunion tour run, much like the Spice Girls, and then probably go back to their normal lives. And the good news is, no one will have to rush out and buy t-shirts and memorabilia because we can just recycle all the old stuff still in our basements!

No comments: